Three changes has been made to the Squad of Pakistan Team for the ICC World Cup 2019.
On Monday, PCB’s Chief Selector Inzamam-ul-Haq has revised the Squad to the World Cup 2019 Team due to recent performances by Pakistani Team and Batting Wickets in England.
Junaid Khan, Faheem Ashraf, and Abid Ali replaced by Mohammad Amir (Fast Bowler), Wahab Riaz (Fast Bowler) and Asif Ali (Batsmen) respectively. Shahdab Khan will join the team after the confirmation of Fitness for World Cup.
Moreover he said, “I see my team at No. and I am sure all teams are working hard for the World Cup, but I think Pakistan have the capability to win the World Cup.”
Pakistan’s 15-men World Cup 2019 squad:
Sarfaraz Ahmed(C), Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Hafeez, Haris Sohail, Asif Ali, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Hasnain, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Wahab Riaz.
Why Amir ?
Due to Chickenpox Amir did not take part in all games of this series against England.
He is one of the most senior and experienced bowler in the current squad with excellent economy rate of 4.58.
Aamir was useful in England’s Condition in past too.
The Comback of Wahab Riaz
Due to have the ability to do the reverse swing on June 4, 2017 Wahab Played his last ODI against India in Champions Trophy. After that he played 17 List A games with the average of 28.40, economy rate 5.18 and took 27 wickets
Bereaved Asif Ali
Asif Ali will play in the World Cup despite the death of his 19-month-old daughter in the United States of America on Sunday 19th May, 2019. Due to recent performances verses England with two fifties and 140+ Runs to fill the gap of middle order
Pakistan World Cup Fixtures:
(All timings in PST)
- May 31, 2019 (Friday): West Indies vs Pakistan — Trent Bridge – 2:30 p.m.
- June 3, 2019 (Monday): England vs Pakistan – Trent Bridge – 2:30 p.m.
- June 7, 2019 (Friday): Pakistan vs Sri Lanka – Bristol – 2:30 p.m.
- June 12, 2019 (Wednesday): Australia vs Pakistan – Taunton – 2:30 p.m.
- June 16, 2019 (Sunday): India vs Pakistan – Manchester – 2:30 p.m.
- June 23, 2019 (Sunday): Pakistan vs South Africa – Lords – 2:30 p.m.
- June 26, 2019 (Wednesday): New Zealand vs Pakistan – Birmingham – 2:30 p.m.
- June 29, 2019 (Saturday): Pakistan vs Afghanistan – Leeds – 2:30 p.m.
- July 5, 2019 (Friday): Pakistan vs Bangladesh – Lords – 2:30 p.m.