Social platforms like YouTube follow a fine line between being useful and consuming your whole life. If the on-screen weather notification says you’ve spent a huge amount of time on your phone today, or simply no longer feel the need to share every inch of your life in an app – maybe it’s time to finally unplug the device. in your life online and delete your account temporarily … or forever.
If you are still in doubt about deleting your YouTube account, you have the option to temporarily hide your channel. If you choose this option, your subscribers will not be able to watch your content, and all community posts, comments, and replies will be permanently deleted.
I want to temporarily hide my account
The temporary separation of YouTube is quite painless and it is easy to reactivate it at any time as well. When you hide your YouTube account, your channel name, videos, likes, subscriptions, and subscribers will be made private, but all your comments and replies will be permanently deleted.
Here is everything you need to know to temporarily hide your YouTube account:
- When using the desktop, sign in to YouTube with the channel you want to hide.
- Go to your advanced account settings.
- At the bottom of this page, select Delete channel, but don’t panic! You will be taken to a page where you can delete or hide your channel.
- At this point you may be asked to enter your login details.
- Then, depending on what you want to do, select I want to hide my channel or I want to hide my content.
- Select the boxes to confirm what will be hidden on your channel.
- Then finally select Hide my channel and you’re done.
I want to reactivate my YouTube account
I’m sorry what did you just do? Do not worry. If you want to make your content visible again, or if you want to upload, comment, or use playlists, simply re-enable the channel at any time. All you have to do is:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to Create a channel and fill out the form to restore your YouTube channel, but do not click To use a business or other name, click here as this will create a new channel instead of restoring your hidden channel.
- Once you reactivate your public channel, you’ll have the option of making your videos and playlists visible in Video Manager.
I want to permanently delete my YouTube account
Be warned, permanently closing your YouTube account will delete your content, videos, comments, posts, playlists, and history forever. But if you’re feeling brave, here’s how to permanently delete your YouTube account forever.
- Using the desktop, sign in to your YouTube account.
- Then go to the advanced settings of your account.
- At the bottom of the page, select Delete channel and re-enter your login details.
- Select I want to permanently delete my content.
- Select the boxes to confirm that you want to delete your channel.
- Finally, select Delete My Channel and you’re done.
If you are considering deleting or disabling your Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter account, we are aware.
There are a large number of social networking sites out there, but most do not make it complicated to delete your account forever. If you’re wondering how to delete your account on other social networking sites, visit the FAQ page or search Google for an easy guide or simply contact us or leave a comment below to help you.